Phase I Environmental Site Assessment
A Phase I ESA is typically required by lenders who are making loans on property. A Phase I is performed to identify Recognized Environmental Concerns (RECs) associated with the property or site. Lafser & Associates, Inc. has over 25 years of experience conducting Phase I Environmental Site Assessments and we would greatly appreciate the opportunity to provide you with a proposal for this service.
Components of a Phase I Environmental Site Assessments
The Phase I Environmental Site Assessment includes four components:
- Records Review
- Site Reconnaissance
- Report Preparation
The purpose of the records review is to obtain and review records that will assist in identifying RECs in connection with the site. A REC is defined as the presence or likely presence of any hazardous substances or petroleum products in, on, or at a property: (1) due to any release to the environment; (2) under conditions indicative of a release to the environment; or (3) under conditions that pose a material threat of a future release to the environment.
Scope of Services – Phase I ESA
- A field reconnaissance to photograph and document existing conditions on the Site and properties adjacent to the site for evidence of potential impacts.
- Interviews with individuals knowledgeable of the Site and /or surrounding properties.
- Review of site ownership records.
- Review of specific environmental regulatory databases and other listings.
- Review of available historical Sanborn Maps®, aerial photographs, topographic maps, city street directories, and/or other historical records.
- Review of published literature concerning site area geology, soils, and hydrology.
- Completion of the Phase I ESA in compliance with the ASTM E1527-13 Standard and U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) All Appropriate Inquiries (AAI) regulation.
Phase 2 Environmental Site Assessment
A Phase 2 ESA allows the client to understand the types of environmental contaminants located on the site as well as each contaminants’ quantity. We use the latest equipment an technology when we survey the property. Lafser & Associates, Inc. has over 25 years of experience conducting Phase 2 Environmental Site Assessments and we would greatly appreciate the opportunity to provide you with a proposal for this service.
Typical Contaminants Found in a Phase 2 Environmental Site Assessment
The most common contaminants we find when conducting Phase 2 ESAs are:
- Lead Based Paint
- Asbestos Containing Material (ACM)
- PCB Ballasts
- Fluorescent Lamps
- Groundwater Contaminants
Based upon the findings of the report we can create a work plan to abate the identified environmental issues. We have great experience in soliciting and coordinating bids from contractors and managing environmental clean up projects. Please contact us to learn how we can help you. Call us at (314) 878-4012